Friday, February 24, 2012

Week 7 Photo Challenge of the Week: Screen Play Cover



This is the screenplay title page of my short film "One Minute Pitch."  The story is about a young man working his way up a production studio.  He gets many chances to pitch an idea to the producer of his building, but each chance is interrupted, potentially costing him his big promotion.  Then, after he has been working there a while and achieved some status without taking any shortcuts, he gets one last chance to pitch an idea, when the final interruption came from the Producer himself, asking him for a meeting out of respect for the young man's hard work. 

The whole premises is based off of the traditional story of having an elevator pitch ready in case you meet that one person who can change your career for the better.  You have 60 seconds to pitch the idea and you must do it professionally without sounding needy, desperate, over ambitious, or greedy.  Practicing an introduction is a good way of preparing for a solid delivery of your idea, even if the idea isn't so good.  At least you won't come off sounding like an idiot with no manors.

This is an important script to me because it is my first ever script that has been shot.  I have written several scripts before this, however none of them went into actual production.  During the production, I learned quite a bit about the process of making a movie and the importance of a good crew.  Since I had many people flake out of the shooting, it was difficult to produce quality work.  I saw first hand how important it is to make sure the team you work with understands it is a team effort, and that all the hard work is for everyone, not just for the person who wrote the script.  Although I managed to create something decent, I still realize how armature it was.  The creativity remained to be seen, however, even if it wasn't the best quality, and it was a good (and confirmational) start to my filming career.

No comments:

Post a Comment