Saturday, February 4, 2012

Week 4: Photo of the Week Challenge

This is the movie poster for Week 4's Photo of the Week Challenge.  It is a short film I produced and directed a couple years ago.  It is quite possibly the most important film of my life because this was the very first film I have ever made.  It marked the beginning of my actual career in the film industry.

The movie is called "One Minute Pitch" and follows the life of a young man and his career at a production house.  It starts off with him being hired on as "low man on the totem poll" status.  He is a P.A., or runner, the kind of position that has you running around doing all the grunt work.  He meets his first chance to move up in the world when the Producer of the studio house steps into the elevator with him.  Unfortunately, another gentleman riding the elevator ruins the young man's chances and he misses his once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.  Following the story you see the main character miss out once again, each time, bringing him down as though he missed out.  With the conclusion of the story riding on his decision to pitch his ideas and try and take the fast road to the top, the Producer strikes first and offers the opportunity he was waiting for based on the irony of the young man's missed moments.  It is short, has a bit of comedy, and most of all, a successful project. 

Working on this project taught me a lot.  I Produced, Directed, Edited, Filmed, Lit, and did half the audio for the whole show.  It was extremely rough because the lighting and audio guy didn't show up leaving me to do everything on my own.  It showed me the importance of a reliable team.  It also showed me one of the many ways a movie can suffer.  All in all though, once it was done, I had fun and realized it was one of the things I really want to do in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment