Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Week 5 EOC: Progress towards my Four Professional Contacts and Progress on Networking


For the business cards I had to obtain, I pretty much just looked up my needs online.  I would search for somebody relatively close by and call them.  I asked a few questions about what they do and what they offered.  Since price wasn’t an issue at the time, I didn’t ask any money questions, but know I would have to in the future.  After that I agreed on who I felt to be the best choice, walked down (everything was actually within a ¼ mile walk from my residence) and grabbed the cards.  A couple people I said ‘hello’ to, but for the attorney I just walked in and grabbed a card. 

My networking progress has been going well.  Since my job requires me to attend a ton of events, such as CES or red carpet coverage, I am able to meet many people.  Although nothing has really lead me anywhere yet, I expect that upon graduation, and upon me starting my own production books for my scripts, I will be able to make phone calls to these people and see what they can do for me and the film.  I am attending and filming the up and coming Film Festival in Boulder City, NV so there is another event I will be networking at.  Looking forward to that, because I’d like to start focusing on my filming career now and not just paying bills.  

No comments:

Post a Comment