Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Week 3 EOC: Where are you now and where are you going?

I am currently employed with a local Las Vegas Media company that covers a ton of events weekly in Las Vegas.  We are currently establishing and programming an application you can download and use for a phone and view live streamed content from our cameras around Las Vegas. 

It is a great job since I am constantly meeting new people, helping with my networking, and getting paid to sharpen my camera skills.  I am technically hired as an intern, however, I must have said something they liked because I was almost immediately ushered into directing and producing the promotional videos we have planned.  Good for me, but at the same time, it became very stressful balancing school, work, and family life. 

Outside of that, I am also working on a reality show produced by myself where we watch people learn how to race.  I can’t say much more than this or go into detail since we are just now wrapping up and it is only the pilot season.  However, I have never seen this kind of thing done before and feel it could be a great start to my career.  As soon as production is finished, we will pitch the short season to major networks to see if they like it, and wouldn’t mind budgeting a real 12 episode per season show.  My plans are very big for this if it becomes successful because what I am doing now is only about 40% of what I want to be doing. 

Assuming everything goes well, I will hopefully raise the bar on the automotive entertainment industry.  That is my ultimate goal for financial recognition.  I have other plans, but this is the most likely for me at my current place and time.  

© Robert Haney 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment