Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Week 1 EOC: What sacrifices are you willing to make for your Career?

I am willing to make multiple sacrifices.  Some of which I have already made.  I gave up a reliable car, a steady job, and almost all of my friends just to attend a college.  I have lost my health, my time, and my social standings in the groups I used to be a part of.  I can’t even run a 8 minute mile anymore and I used to be the fastest on my high school soccer team.  That really upsets me right there.

In addition to these sacrifices I have constantly battled with losing my family.  I am even leaning towards sending my kids away for potentially 2 years, just so that I can become established without hindrance.  Another issue from family is that, because the AILV college is so financially demanding, with such a high demand on time, I was never really able to pay for things or hold down a decent job.  So I work freelance.  Which in Las Vegas means I don’t make much.  And since my parents don’t help I am constantly struggling.

Through the process of my studies I wish to attend a school, an internship, or some kind of networking event/position in Japan and Great Britain.  I wish to study foreign filmmaking methods in many different cultures.  If I can afford such a goal, I hope this will one day make me a great and successful director. 

Lastly, I will talk more specifically about a production.  This production has almost destroyed my car due to mechanical problems I can’t address.  But this is yet another example of what I am achieving.  Because of all this sacrificing I am able to achieve my first ever reality show production.  It is going well, it is getting done, and because of this, I have argued constantly with my kids’ mother.  At the cost of my mental strain, I am able to produce a show that I hope to push the boundaries of the automotive entertainment world.  

For the weekly photo bit, here is me at CES.  Audio had a pretty darn cool exibit. 

© Robert Haney 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment