Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Week 8 Photo Challenge of the Week: Business Suit



This is an image of me in a suit.  I am standing next to my father, and the both of us are attending a funeral.  This image was taken more than three years ago.  This is how rare it is to see me in a suit.  I wore a black silk with a hint of blue and charcoal gray.  The red undershirt was picked out by my father because I apparently have no fashion sense for dressing professionally.  The tie also was a choice of his, which I'm not sure was the best by anyone's standards. 
The relevance of a suit depends on the relevance of importance it is to a business.  I've gotten away with many interviews not wearing a suit, and I almost always ace my interviews.  Most of the time, when I don't get a job from an interview, it is because I didn't meet the job qualifications.  But I still walk away with them loving me.  I think the business suit is a standard kind of going the way of the dinosaur.  It seems to be more of a traditional sense now than a required attire.  Most of the time, the people wearing a suit are really high up on the business ladder or attending a very formal meeting of sorts.   

Modern culture today is starting to push away from these kind of traditional formalities.  That is why I think it is all the more important to know your suits.  In the event you have a meeting a where a really nice suit is important, not only important but symbolic to your success story, it could define your you and determine your future status in the position you are mingling with.  It is a good idea to have a nice suit ready for any occasion and to know about the suit itself.  Don't just wear it because it fits you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment